The Local Government Unit (LGU) of Tacurong City is now accepting applicants for its ‘Summer Job Program’ under the Special Program for the Employment of Students (SPES) pursuant to Republic Act 9547 Amending Republic Act 7323. This program is implemented in partnership with the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE).
WHO MAY APPLY:
STUDENTS AND DROPOUTS
- 15 to 25 years old;
- Enrolled during the present school year/term immediately preceding the summer vacation;
- Dropout who intends to continue his/her education;
- Parents’ combined net income after tax, including his/her own, if any, does not exceed P17,597.00 for a family of six (6) as determined by the Annual Regional Poverty Threshold Level of NEDA;
- Garnered an average passing grade during the school year/term referred to above or in case of the dropout, the last school year/term attended; and
- Parents of applicants have been displaced or about to be displaced due to business closure or work stoppage provided he/she meets 1, 2 and 5 above.
HOW TO APPLY:
Step 1. Applicants must register online by visiting dole12-onlinespes.org.ph and clicking the Student Registration icon. For those who do not have access to internet, the Public Employment Service Office (PESO) may assist in the online registration.
Step 2. Applicants must take the qualifying examination on March 18, 2015, 9:00 AM, at the city gymnasium.
For more details, kindly visit the PESO at the second floor of City Hall Building, Tacurong City or call telephone number (064) 5620175.