LGU-Tacurong to launch Jollibee Foundation’s Busog Lusog Talino Program

Share this on
Busog Lusog Talino (BLT) Program of the Jollibee Foods Corporation Foundation will be launched in four public elementary schools in Tacurong City on July 29-August 1, 2013.

The four BLT Program beneficiaries in the city are Josue Alcasid Central School in Brgy. Baras; J. Hector Lacson Elementary School in Brgy. Calean; Tina Elementary School in Brgy. Tina; and Dr. Manuel J. Griño Memorial Central Elementary School in Brgy. Griño. LGU-Tacurong serves as JFCF’s local implementing partner (LIP) for the BLT Program in the city. LGU-Tacurong sent a letter to JFCF in March 2013 signifying its intent of becoming a LIP.

The BLT Program aims to work with local government units nationwide to feed 40 of each school’s Grade 1 and 2 pupils that are identified as wasted and severely wasted. The pupils will be fed for 136 days within the school year. The actual feeding in Tacurong schools will start on August 5, 2013.

JCFC applies a cost-sharing scheme with it LIPs for the implementation of BLT Program. For the 1st year of implementation, JCFC will shoulder 75% of the total feeding cost while the LIP will only have to provide for the remaining 25%. In the second year, cost-sharing will be 50%-50%. Finally, in the 3rd and succeeding years, the LIP is expected to sustain the program without financial assistance from JCFC. (Kno more about BLT on http://www.jollibeefoundation.org)

As part of the sustainability mechanism of the BLT program in Tacurong, LGU-Tacurong partnered with the Rotary Club of Tacurong, the Philippine Medical Association (PMA), and Philippine Dental Association (PDA).

Rotary Club of Tacurong committed to provide the necessary cooking tools and eating utensils for the 4 school beneficiaries including spoons, forks, glasses, cooking stove and fuel, frying pans and pots, etc. Jollibee-Tacurong will donate Jollibee plates for the schools.

PMA pledged to provide multivitamins for the children, and hand towels. PDA will provide one-year supply of toothbrushes and free dental check-ups and consultations for the children and their parents.
At the same time, DOH will help the LGU in monitoring the children’s health status throughout program implementation.

“The 4 schools will serve as BLT pilot sites in the city. We hope to include more schools in the future,” said Mayor Lina O. Montilla, Chairperson of the BLT Program Core Group.

The BLT Program Core Group, composed of LGU officials and partners, was created through Executive Order 13-2013. Program Orientation of the BLT Core Group with school principals was conducted on July 17, 2013 at the City Mayor’s Office.  The BLT Technical Working Group is headed by Hon. Psyche M. Sucaldito. (LGU Information)

Scroll to top