Criteria for Judging
30% Visual Aesthetics Design elements, color scheme, organization, site layout, originality, sharpness and vibrancy of photos
25% User-Friendliness Easy navigation, usability, readability, easy page loading
25% Reading Enjoyment Useful & interesting content, good discussion, voice and tone of the blog
20% Overall Experience Overall ‘read-worthiness’
- This contest is open to the public (residents and non-residents of Tacurong City).
- Joining the contest is FREE (no registration fees will be collected).
- Interested photographers/bloggers must register online on or before May 4, 2015.
- The LGU will only accept the first fifteen individuals who will register on or before May 4.
- To register, submit your details through PM (personal message) to www.facebook.com/lgutacurongcity.
Tacurong Bird Fest Photo Blog Contest: Name, Age, Address, Contact #, Blog Address
- The contest includes a free tour and overnight camping (May 9-10) at the Baras Bird Sanctuary. Free transportation will be provided by the LGU.
- Each participant must post an entry on their respective blogs and submit the links on or before May 12, 2015. All entries must be made via blog post.
- Theme: Be aware! I love and protect birds and nature.
- The blog must also contain information and photos that positively align with the theme of the Tacurong City 1st Bird Festival.
- Emphasis must be given to facts and figures as well as the aesthetics of the Bird Sanctuary.
- Each blog entry must be 500-1000 words with 5-10 of their best photos during their stay in the sanctuary. The entry must contain key words such as Baras Bird Sanctuary, Tacurong City. These key words must also be ‘hashtagged’.
- Photos must be in full color. Photos in Black and White or in Sepia are not allowed.
- Nudity, vulgar, obscene, scandalous, gruesome, and violent photos are automatically disqualified.
- Photos should not include watermarks, frames, or other markings on the photo, such as the date and time of the entry.
- All entries must be the original work and owned by the participant and must not have been used or published in any media or posted online for whatever purpose.
- Original .jpg files of the photos posted on each blog must be submitted to LGU Tacurong through email: email@example.com
- The organizer reserves the right to cancel the contest in the event that an insufficient number of entries of suitable quality are submitted.
- LGU-Tacurong City and Department of Tourism XII shall have the right to publish or use all photo/blog entries, winning or non-winning, for promotional purposes with due acknowledgement of the original owner.
- Participants must bring their camping tents. Dinner (May 9) and breakfast (May 10) will be provided by the LGU.
- Participants must be at the City Hall Building on the first day of the Festival, May 8 at 2PM. They may also opt to attend the opening of the Bird Festival on May 9, 9AM at NDTC College.
- All participants will be ferried from the City Hall to the Baras Bird Sanctuary (vice versa) by LGU vehicles. They will be provided with individual identification cards.
- Upon arrival, participants will be briefed with the Bird Sanctuary rules and regulations. After, participants will be taken to a guided tour by the Sanctuary Caretaker. By then, they can start taking photos for the contest.
- Participants are allowed to take photos anytime during their stay as long as they adhere to the Sanctuary rules and regulations.
- Participants will leave the Sanctuary at 9AM, May 10.